Who must be on the Single Central Record?

Who do you need to record on your SCR


It is your statutory duty to record checks carried out for all members of staff that are directly employed by your organisation, who work at your school.


This includes teacher trainees on salaried routes, agency and third-party supply staff.


Specific key differences to note:

  • For colleges, you must include all those providing education to children.

  • For independent schools, you must include all members of the proprietor body.

  • For academies and free schools, you must include members and trustees of the academy trust.


You should keep records of all concerns, evidence, discussions and decisions made, in writing.


You can keep these in hard copy within the personnel file, and online in the Documents Tab on the Sign In Central Record staff member profile.


See “Specific Staff Profile Information” for detailed discussions of each staff member who needs such pre-appointment checks.